Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all !!

What a beautiful day!  Windy, but sunny and gorgeous! Fall is my favorite time of year.  The hot, humid, sticky days have passed.  The night air is cool, crisp, and fresh.  The sunsets are colorful and the stars shine brightly. 

I love decorating with pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks, fall flowers, ghosts, goblins, scarecrows, turkeys, and pilgrims. Seems this season never lasts long enough.  Our animals love the cooler weather too.  They frolick in the pens and our dogs love to play tug of war with each other.  We have to extend the daylight hours in our chicken house to keep the chickens laying eggs daily.  We don't want them slacking off this time of year!  Farm fresh eggs are the best!

I have been spending time in my sewing room which is located upstairs.  It is usually too warm to work up there much in the summer so love it when I can get back to my projects. Working on some now and will post pictures at a later date.  This Friday and Saturday is Threads Across Nebraska in Kearney and I am planning to be there.  Quilts will be displayed and vendors will be there from across the state selling all kinds of goodies. I haven't attended this function before and am looking forward to it.

The sun has set for today and Tom is out mowing.  Probably won't have to do that to many more times this year!

Sweet dreams and blessings to you all!

Peggy