Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A loose screw???

Most of us are not fond of going to the dentist.  There are needles, drills, mirrors, mouth power washers, picks, polishers, clamps, pullers, and who knows what else, that are used to clean and repair teeth.  I wasn't blessed with quality teeth so have spent many hours in a dental chair since a child.  A few weeks ago I went for my 6 month check up and found out I had a chipped tooth that needed to be "fixed".  Not what I wanted to hear!  However, better than hearing, "you need a root canal"!  After this appt. I went to my periodontist for an annual checkup.  I just knew this appt. would be a piece of cake!  I had two implants placed 18 months ago and haven't had any problems.  Or, so I thought.  This examination revealed that I had a "loose screw" in one of the implants!  One would think this was bad news but, I was so excited because now I have a good reason for all the silly, crazy things I have been doing! - at least in Tom's point of view!  Lucky for me, this is an easy fix. :-)  Follow up appts. were made and today was the day.

My first stop was to have the chipped tooth repaired.  It was an upper tooth and from my previous experiences, they are the least debilitating as far as numbing goes.  Once I get past the needle used to numb the area I am usually okay.  The drilling, rinsing, packing, and polishing usually go smoothly.  I finished just before noon and was told I could have lunch!  Yippee!!! Just be careful to not bite into my upper lip!  I thought I could handle this without a problem.  So, the highlight of my day was meeting our daughter, Jenny, and granddaughter, Lauren, at Lauren's daycare.  Lauren was dressed in her Hello Kitty attire and was so cute!  Then, Jenny and I went to lunch at Grisanti's!  I stayed with the soft pasta manicotti and tomato tortellini soup! Heaven!  This was over all too soon and Jenny went to her class (she is working on her Master's in Nursing), and I went to my periodontal appt. to fix my loose screw.  No needles were needed for this and after some drilling, cleaning, and tightening a screw, the crown was reapplied and I was out the door.  As happy as I was to get all this accomplished in one day, I know I have a dilemma!  What excuse do I have for all the silly, crazy things I do??  Okay!  We will not go there!  At least not for the next 20-30 years - okay?  I am going to enjoy life and be thankful for all the good family and friends I have to share it with!

Have a great day everyone!!
Peggy